Max 1 Studies

Melbourne Personal Injury Lawyer

Melbourne injury lawyer

When you leave your home and drive away in an automobile as a driver or passenger, you have the expectation that you will arrive at your destination safely. You will go about your day without any major problems and return to your residence.

Most likely, that is what a young man in Melbourne thought when he was driving to work. He recalls leaving his home. His next memory is of waking up in a hospital, confused and in pain. The recklessness of another driver had changed his life forever. The physical and emotional damage is now with him every day.

Thanks to his excellent Personal Injury/Car Accident lawyer, this young man has financial compensation that will allow him to have the ongoing care he needs to regain his health and try to get on with his life.

What if it were you or someone you love? What would you do if the unthinkable disrupted your plans and your life?

If you are in a car accident, your first steps are clear and straightforward:

  • Do not leave the scene.
  • Exchange information with the other party.
  • If there is property damage or the other party does not give their information – or worse, leaves the scene – you must call the police.

What might not be quite so clear or straightforward is how you may have been affected physically. Some injuries will be evident immediately. Others may show up only after time. That is why it is essential that you have a medical examination as soon as possible.

If there are injuries, your next step should be to contact a skilled Personal Injury/Car Accident lawyer.

It is true the Transport Accident Scheme (through the TAC) allows for a variety of no-fault benefits for people who are injured as a result of a transportation accident. However, because some of these benefits are limited, your next avenue for compensation is a common law claim.

To assist you through the process of receiving benefits through a common law claim, you should obtain the services of a skilled Melbourne personal injury lawyer. A common law claim is applicable when fault is assigned to another party. Also, your injuries must reach the level of “serious” per the guidelines in the Transport Accident Act.

If you are eligible for benefits through the common law claim, your Personal Injury/Car Accident attorney will also be able to file for a settlement for pain and suffering, as well as economic damages. Your experienced attorney will understand all the details and requirements found in the law.

While the hope is that you will never have to file such claims, if the situation should present itself, you must be ready to get the legal help that could make a difference in your physical and financial quality of life.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll To Top